Thursday, March 22, 2012

Quimet & Quimet

If you've never been to Barcelona, or all of Spain for that matter, I have one suggestion-no, REQUIREMENT- for you. Go to Quimet & Quimet, the best tapas bar I have ever been to. When I came to Barcelona 3 years ago during my senior year of high school with my culinary professor (and second mother) Lori, and her son, Sam, we stumbled upon this glorious place. 



If I remember correctly, this was a tostada with sardines, tomato, and olives. INCREDIBLE.



This was the golden boy of all the tapas we tried that night- Smoked salmon, creme fraiche, and honey. I could eat this for breakfast everyday and normally I don't even like smoked salmon.
This was another sardine tostada except this one came with a Spanish goat cheese

Keon tried one with clams and caviar and said it was the perfect combo.
And last, but certainly not least, the tostada con pimientos, aceitunas (olives), roquefort (type of blue cheese) and balsamic. I must admit it was one hell of a pungent roquefort but overall a very tasty tapa.

Quimet & Quimet you have yet to disappoint me.


No comments:

Post a Comment