Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Happy Birthday America!

So even though I'm supposed to be studying for my BIT final tomorrow, I figured I'd update my blog. As you all know, unless for some reason Germans are starting to read my blog, this past Monday was the 4th of July. Some of the German students here organized a little barbeque for us by the lake here in Munster and it was...very American. Our group wore ridiculous outfits to show their pride, drank a lot of beer, and instead of the usual hot dog eating, we had bratworst on a bun with ketchup and mustard. We were rowdy and annoying, and spoke loudly to each other unnecessarily. There was beer pong (obviously) on tree stumps, chugging from mini kegs, an excessive amount of food (duh) and festive paper plates. I felt home again. And, needless to say, by the end there were drunk people stumbling, excessive food amounts being thrown out, garbage everywhere and more beer pong. It was easy to notice everyone around us staring because they wanted so badly to be carefree and American. At one point, some guy stole a beer from the boys' case right in front of us, but we knew he was dying inside with jealousy, and we were in such high spirits, we just let him have it. Land of the free, home of the brave...does it the best.


american hotdogs german style





bunny invasions all over





No comments:

Post a Comment